Enliven’s Care staff includes healthcare assistants, chaplains, and recreation staff. These passionate people are responsible for delivering the highest standard of personal care and support to every resident.
Health Care Assistants (HCA)
Healthcare assistants provide practical daily support to residents. At Enliven, our HCAs focus on providing a safe and supportive environment where residents can maintain their independence and make decisions for themselves.
You’ll find our HCAs helping elders with activities like dressing, personal hygiene, eating and mobility, as well as providing support for the elders to keep up with their interests in a way that’s right for them. Most Enliven homes are organised in a way that means you’ll work with the same group of elders every day. This gives you the opportunity to build strong connections and truly get to know the elders so we can provide personalised and holistic care.
Meet HCA Iliana
Enliven’s diversional therapists and recreation coordinators use their creative skills to enhance the emotional, social and physical wellbeing of Enliven residents.
Every day they bring engaging activity and fun into our homes. They support residents to continue their hobbies, interests, and passions – and maybe even experience something new!
Each month the recreation team puts together a calendar of events, activities and entertainment that supports elders to have meaningful activity, companionship and fun in their lives.
Meet Rec Officer Johnny
Chaplains provide pastoral and spiritual care and support to residents of all faiths, cultures and beliefs. They are often be found chatting with residents about their life stories and reflecting on their experiences.
As great listeners, our chaplains can help residents and their families find comfort in times of change, challenge, or grief.
Meet Chaplain Ann
Enliven career development
At Enliven you will be given the opportunity and support to gain nationally recognised qualifications in Health and Wellbeing and to be part of a committed team delivering high quality care to our residents. You’ll also find opportunities for additional on-the-job training for career advancement into positions of responsibility.
Training opportunities include:
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZQA Level 2)
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing – Health Assistance (NZQA Level 3)
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing – Advanced Support (NZQA Levels 4)
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing – Diversional Therapy (NZQA Levels 4)
- First Aid and CPR training
- Observer and Assessor portfolio training
- In-house training covering topics including cultural and spiritual responsiveness, health and safety, infection control, advocacy and consent, mobility and seating, pressure injury prevention, pain management, continence, the ageing process and lots more!