A premium weighted blanket can help you relax, reduce anxiety and promote sleep through deep pressure touch simulation (DPTS). These blankets are particularly useful for those experiencing stress and insecurity due to dementia, older people who feel anxious, or those who feel cold when sleeping.
Using the concept of deep touch pressure stimulation the weighted blanket calms the nervous system to create a feeling of safety and security. These weighted blankets are particularly useful for older people experiencing advanced dementia, those who feel anxious and those who feel cold when sleeping or sitting still.
The non-toxic glass beads are evenly distributed within stitched squares, thus providing even body pressure, which stimulates sleep and provides reassuring comfort.
Key features & benefits:
- Stitched squares that ensure even weight distribution, to help relax and feel comfortable
- Helps reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress or insomnia
- Provides a comforting feeling, like being held or hugged
- Deep Pressure Touch Stimulation (DPTS) to naturally help you fall asleep
- Suited for all seasons
- Can be used during day and night
- 100% cotton (with brushed polyester fabric under)
- Filled with non-toxic glass beads
- Size: 104 x 152cm
- Weight: 4.5kg
- Colour: Coffee
- Please note: the blanket is not machine washable