After more than 100 days New Zealand has the first known cases of Covid-19 outside of a managed isolation facility.
At midday today (Wednesday 12 August), all Enliven sites in the PSC region have moved to Alert Level 2.
The key change is that, as per the Government’s advice, all aged care facilities across New Zealand are closing to visitors. We understand it is difficult for families to be separated from loved ones, however we must do all we can to keep residents and staff safe.
More about Alert Level 2 for Enliven homes and services
- Enliven homes are closed to visitors as per the Director General of Health’s recommendations. We will review the situation based on the Government’s recommendations and update everyone by Monday.
- Enliven homes will continue to accept new admissions and emergency respite under strict conditions.
- This week’s Enliven tai chi classes and day programmes are postponed.
- Essential visitors to Enliven homes, such as medical appointments or emergency contractors, must sign a declaration before entry and wear masks. GP visits for residents will continue. Hairdresser visits are postponed.
- Care packages will be accepted at this stage, but must be wiped down with sanitiser on delivery.
More about Alert Level 2 for Enliven retirement villages
- Independent residents and village residents can come and go as they are able but must provide contact tracing information if required.
- Enliven’s retirement village residents can have visitors however they must not use the village’s common areas.
- Enliven retirement village open homes are postponed. Private viewings in empty villas may be able to be organised, please contact your sales agent.
- Retirement Village residents should not come to the home for meals; instead meals should be delivered to their villa/apartment/unit.
More about Alert Level 2 for our staff
- Enliven’s homes and villages are essential services and remain operational.
Any staff who have travelled to Auckland within the last two weeks have been told to stay away from work, get tested for Covid-19 and follow the Ministry of Health guidelines regarding self-isolation.
- Enliven’s Central Office staff will work from home if possible. While in the office staff should maintain physical distancing of two-metres.
Staff have been advised they must restrict inter-regional travel.
Staff have been advised to keep contact tracing information.
We will review the above based on the Ministry of Health’s recommendations as information comes to hand. We will provide further information as required and will commit to providing an Enliven update on Monday.