UPDATED 3pm SUNDAY 27 JUNE 2021
As you’ll be aware, the Wellington region will remain Covid-19 Alert Level 2 until at least 11:59pm on Tuesday 29 June 2021. The rest of the country will remain at Alert Level 1.
To protect residents and staff in our Wellington, Upper Hutt and Wairarapa region homes, Enliven will be operating with Alert Level 2 restrictions in place. This includes:
- Huntleigh Home
- Longview Home
- Cashmere Home & Cashmere Heights Home
- Kandahar Home
- Woburn Home
Enliven homes within the Alert Level 2 zone will be restricting visits to one person per resident each day. Families can call the home to organise visits or use zoom and hangouts to communicate. All visitors to our homes must wear a face covering while on-site.
There are also some restrictions around where visitors to our retirement villages can go.
If you have visited any of the areas of interest identified by the Ministry of Health, please do not visit our homes until you have returned a negative Covid-19 test result.
If you have visited any of the places of interest/have been contacted by the Ministry of Health as a contact of interest and have been into the Enliven homes since then please make contact with the home and inform the manager ASAP.
More information for Enliven homes
- Enliven will continue to accept new admissions and respite under strict conditions. For all new admissions the MOH Covid-19 Screening Form must be requested.
- Enliven’s retirement village residents can have visitors however they must not use the village’s common areas.
- Enliven retirement village viewings are by appointment only. Please contact your sales agent.
- Independent residents and village residents can come and go as they are able but must provide contact tracing information if required.
- Retirement village residents should not come to the home for meals, instead meals should be delivered to their villa/apartment/unit.
- All Enliven tai chi classes will continue with social distancing measures in place.
- Enliven day programmes will continue to operate with social distancing measures in place.
- Contractors are permitted to enter homes for work, and must wear a mask provided by the home while on-site. Contractors will only be allowed to visit one home per day.
- Volunteers are not permitted to enter the homes during this period.
- Other services such as podiatrist or GP visits can continue, provided they wear the correct PPE.
- Consideration may be made by rest home managers for visits of more than one person for residents who are receiving palliative care.
We will review the above based on any developments that happen. As we have learned before, information during times like this can change quickly, and the PSC Covid-19 Response Team will continue to meet to discuss any changes that arise. We will come back to you with updates as information comes to hand.
Thank you for your understanding and support.