Dear residents and families,
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate the world with Covid-19 in it! Our Covid-19 Response Team continues to meet regularly to ensure we’re responding as best we can.
As you will know, this week marks the move for the Auckland region from level 3 to level 2.5. The rest of the country remains in level 2. If you have travelled to Auckland in the past 14 days, please contact your Enliven home to discuss your situation before visiting. We must make sure we are doing what we can to minimise the risk to residents of our homes and villages.
All visitors to Enliven Central’s homes must wear a mask for the duration of their visit. Free disposable masks are available at reception and we also have a limited stock of cloth reusable masks for sale. Even when wearing masks we ask that visitors maintain physical distancing at all times.
The following visiting protocols apply at all Enliven Central homes:
- Each resident can identify up to three designated visitors only for this period.
- Each resident can have only one visit per day
- Before each visit the visitor must sign a declaration on entry to the home that:
- They feel well and do not have any respiratory symptoms such as cough, runny nose, sneezing or loss of smell or taste
- They have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is awaiting a Covid-19 test result
- They have not been to Auckland in the past 14 days (please discuss your situation with the Home Manager or Clinical Nurse Manager before coming to the home)
- And, scan in using the New Zealand Covid tracer app if they have it
- Visitors must sanitise their hands on entering the home (sanitiser will be provided)
- Visitors must wear a mask for the duration of their visit (disposable masks are available if needed). Physical distancing to be maintained at all times.
- Visitors are not to use communal areas – they must proceed directly to and from the residents’ room.
We encourage families to make use of video calling. We can support you and your loved one to connect via apps such as Zoom, Google hangouts or Skype.
Taking residents out under Level 2
At our homes we have strict protocols in place. These restrictions and the high standard of hygiene are simply not possible in the community and as older people are more vulnerable to Covid-19 we ask that families do not take residents out of the home at this time. We understand that this may be frustrating, but we must do everything we can to ensure all residents stay safe and healthy.
There are no changes to visiting protocols within our villages. Residents may have visitors in their villa/apartment, but visitors must not use the communal areas. We do suggest that village residents records their visitors for contact tracing purposes and maintain physical distancing where appropriate.
These visiting protocols will remain in place until at least 6 September when we expect another update from the Ministry of Health.
Thank you very much for your continued support.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Kia Tupatō – Be mindful, be careful, be cautious